There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

Myriad was a very good company to work for.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There were many pro's to working for Myriad. One of the primary was the access to clients and physicians because of reputation. Another very important was that Myriad used to value work-life balance.

Cons

When I started with Myriad, there was a "non-pharmaceutical" feel to the company. After a while it seemed that Myriad was moving in the direction (culture-wise) as the big pharm companies. Although there is nothing inherently wrong with that, I missed the Myriad culture that I gambled on when I came on board.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Myriad Genetics (View Most Recent)

Professionally challenging and fast paced scientific environment.

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Mission is excellent and the people and work/life balance is fantastic. People care about each other and about the patients we help every day.

Cons

Decisions are made slowly, company resistent to change. Lots of meetings take place with not a lot of action.

Collaborate outside of Myriad more often.

I have learned a lot but no one cares.

Current Employee - Lab Technician
    Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

There is a lot to learn. For the most part the environment is friendly and it is a fun place to work. The benefits a fairly good.

Cons

There is a big communication gap between management and the technicians. A lot of time and money is wasted because management wants to tell the technicians what to do without taking the time to listen to the technicians about what the real problems are.

The Management needs to stop and take time to listen to the technicians. They are the ones handling the day to day problems. Most of the managers are too full of themselves to even give a second thought to what a technician has to say.

There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

Worked for Myriad Genetics? Contribute to the Community!