NCH

www.nch.com
  www.nch.com
There are newer employer reviews for NCH

Highly Micromanaged

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD (US)
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Sales training program in St Louis did a good job of teaching someone how to deal with any conceivable objection.

Cons

Chemsearch had me prospecting over 90% of time. Their sales training program wanted us to utilize a whole host of "novelties" (GIVEAWAY GIFTS) during our initial warmup before sales pitch. As an example, secretary/"gatekeepers' would be given hand lotion, most male prospects would be given a pliers plus multitool or fishing filet knife during warmup.
My boss wanted me to make "70 dials" every Monday to get appointments with buyers! He would call me different times to know how many 'dials I had made thus far along with how appointments I had made. Then he would ride with me every week in field and break down every sales call to what I did right and wrong. Ultimately, I could not take the boss constantly calling me at home along with micromanaging sales calls so I happily RESIGNED ! Ironically enough, the day I resigned, I recieved a company memo showing, I was top dog for number of new accounts.

If I am getting the new accounts for your company.....then leave me alone !!! Let me adopt my own sales approach which worked ! If your own trainers boast in class that 60-70% of new hires in class wont be here one year from now, then you have a problem !!! I wrote this review after seeing Chemsearch running employment ads again for each of 2 major cities in my state.

47 Other Employee Reviews for NCH (View Most Recent)

Great most of the time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at NCH

Pros

NCH as a company is great! The people are some of the best I have worked with.

Cons

Management does not know what they are doing. They will lie on your review if they do not like you.
    They believe in deliverables only, they do not care about quality. It was not always this way.

Treat people with respect. Be honorable, if you do not like them, do not lie on them. Quality code is important, because that is less support you will have to do. Do not worry about checking off your list only.

Overall it is a good company. Just as most businesses, there is always room for improvement.

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Company's benefits appear to be in-line with other companies. Company recently instituted an on-line performance measurement system to measure one's performance which is a step forward.

Cons

Company's computer systems, software and applications could afford to be refreshed and would bring them in-line with other businesses and corporations.

Management should seriously consider updating the computer systems, software and applications as it will be an opportunity to improve employee morale.

There are newer employer reviews for NCH