There are newer employer reviews for NCO

The company is good and values their employees

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Fernando, Pampanga (Philippines)

I worked at NCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of incentives and perks. Good facilities and freebies. A family-like atmosphere.

Cons

It depends on the management. The downside is the management itself. Everyone must work together as a team and value each and everyone of its employees

Advice to Management

Focus on the Team-Leads because they are the one who take care of the agents

reviews filtered by

This place is begging for an investigation.

Current Employee - Collections in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Collections in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at NCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Odds are you will work with people at your level who are friendly and relatable. I got along with everyone at base level. Many are immigrants just trying to get their feet on the ground and will do anything for work. Minor bonuses are available but just know even one sick day virtually eliminates your chances (and you'll need a doctor note in any instance).

Cons

Two words: BAD ATTITUDES. Many of the higher-ups hate their job and take it out on you with intimidation tactics, risque remarks that border on the offensive, and at the very least blatantly rude attitude. The work is repetitive and people butt heads and pick on others to avoid the monotony. Immigrants just looking for work in a new country have to deal with it and it's sad. Even reception on the phone has a condescending tone and refuses to give a name because they know you'll complain. Bottom line, a bad environment with rotten vibes and nasty people in control.

2. NCO was the worst job

Former Employee - Technical Customer Service in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN (US)

I worked at NCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really have nothing nice to say about this sack of crap place

Cons

I worked for NCO Groups. I worked in their call center troubleshooting apple iphones. They paid $10.75/hour. I guess the only "raise" you can get is a .10 cent raise after being with the company for a year.
    The managment is a joke. They wouldn't let me leave work when I had a family medical emergency. They told me that they didn't consider my sister being in the hospital an emergency.
    Management pulled me aside on day because they didn't approve of my outfit. (I was wearing a long sweater with leggings and boots.) And the guy that sat next to be was wearing a snuggie.

Advice to Management

Give your employees annual raises. Let them leave if their family member is in the hospital. Be more considerate for your employees. The 3 months that I worked there, I would've rather jumped in front of a moving train than go to work.