NRC (National Research Corporation)

www.nationalresearch.com
  www.nationalresearch.com
There are newer employer reviews for NRC (National Research Corporation)

I learned a lot about corporate nonsense.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE (US)

I worked at NRC (National Research Corporation)

Pros

Pay is not bad for Lincoln.

Cons

Gossip is a big factor. Employees are not valued. Too many management experiments that mostly end with big layoffs. You can get hired with big promises and get fired a few months later when there's a change in management.

When you change the business direction give it some time before trying to pick a different direction. Value your human assets. It takes time to train someone to do his\her job so often hiring and firing is actually hurts NRC business. People that are in fear of getting laid off all the time can't be productive.

23 Other Employee Reviews for NRC (National Research Corporation) (View Most Recent)

Great people, great location, but sales > service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE (US)

I have been working at NRC (National Research Corporation) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people at NRC are the company's greatest asset. The people at NRC work hard, with integrity and respect, and they are accountable and generally work in a very cohesive, team-oriented manner. The office culture is positive because of the people. Clearly NRC has done a good job of hiring people who fit the culture. The work has meaning and purpose, as we seek to help healthcare organizations improve the experience of their patients. The work-life balance is very good. Life outside of work is valued just as much as hard work in the office.

Cons

The direction of the company is unclear. We've experienced big changes recently (example - COO resigned), and the future of the company's leadership and the structure is a bit up in the air.
    It's appears sales folks are valued more than service folks at NRC. While service is valued for the great work that is performed each day, the compensation received (not received) reflects that service is not as valued as sales, in spite of the very important role service plays in retention and upsells.
    Technology is not what it should be at a company like NRC. Using old systems and databases that are not necessarily conducive to the ever-changing landscape of healthcare and need to provide clients with the tools they need.

In addition to providing quarterly financial updates to associates, which is nice to see (even at a high level), it would benefit associates to have more transparency from leadership in regards to the direction the company is headed.

Operations Associate - Basic entry-level position

Former Employee - Operations Associate in Lincoln, NE (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in Lincoln, NE (US)

I worked at NRC (National Research Corporation) part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly company culture. Allowed to set my own hours and work around other commitments. Knowledgeable supervisors were always eager to answer questions pertaining to work processes.

Cons

In interviews it was stated that after three or four months they would be willing to look at transitioning me into a different full-time role within the company, which would better utilize my acknowledged broader range of skills. After two months of lauded work, I was informed by HR that this process definitely would not begin for "at least nine months." As the Operations work was fairly tedious and not something I enjoyed, I left the company shortly after.

Be more honest with prospective employees and don't overlook underdeveloped talent.

There are newer employer reviews for NRC (National Research Corporation)