NVIDIA

www.nvidia.com

Not Structured

Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsThe people working here are for the most part cohesive and great to work with. In order for you to do well, you need to know who is who and what they do, even in other organizations outside of your own. Work schedule is flexable. Working independantly is wide spread.

ConsWell, this is the least structured company I have ever worked for. Try finding an organizational chart to use with your job. Forget it. Also, a considerable percentage of the management here do not even have basic management skills. Even at the top level. Zip, nada, zero. They tend to manage by tasks and in many cases micro-manage. Many in a management positions do not have training or awareness in human behavior, motivation, or conflict resolution. A lack of a vision statement, communicated objectives and plans many times has an impact on customers. Career growth is not apparent. By the way, too many people working here have no clue what the person in the next cube does. Just a shame. The worst point is that communication here is really lacking, on all levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to understand that a title does not mean your the Captain. It means you have to know how to manage the resources you have the best way. Do people admire you? Respect you? Do you embrace round table discussions with your organization? Probably not. Do you think everything is fine? Unfortunately, some in management still carry the notion that the military management way is the only way and the best way. Please look at what other successful companies are doing with their management structure and approaches to management.

At Nvidia Life becomes a pressure cooker, not for the weak hearted

Senior ASIC Design Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Works in the latest technology. Tegra is doing pretty good. Good Compensation at par with best in the industry. You… Cons: Zero work life balance. You are expected to work on weekends most of the time. Company doesn't believe that people should have fun in their life.… Advice to Senior Management: Respect your employees for their talent. Pay them well and don't take advantage of them. RSU's have become useless replace… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great technology, special culture

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great technology, excellent engineering team. A lot of talented engineers, feel proud as part of… Cons: Long hours, stressful schedule, hard to balance work and life. Company is… Advice to Senior Management: Improve benefit program, treat employee better, they deserve more. Spend more money… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NVIDIA.

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!