NXP

www.nxp.com

Unfortunate NXP

Design Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsThe old Philips Semiconductors was a great company. NXP, after the buyout, has (still) some of that great stuff: Technologies, People. There are some great products under development. The support that can be had from the Central organizations is great.

ConsIf your not in Eindhoven the big downside is that the risk of being 'rightsized' is high. In particular in the USA. It seems NXP is not willing to invest in the USA.
The way NXP is going now, it will not survive. Too much debt, no 'killer' project, too much direction changes, and far too much reorganizations in short succession.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide, decide, decide. NXP is not (should not be) a United Nations where Management "Teams" say one thing, and each individual mamber then executes something different in their Units.

Franz snatches defeat from the jaws of almost certain victory.

Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) East Fishkill, NY (US)

I have been working at NXP

Pros: The people here are very talented , dedicated, and decent people. We have an outstanding team, and for that reason alone I look forward to… Cons: We are waiting to be sold or closed. The very… Advice to Senior Management: Please quit and find a new line of work. You have made a royal mess of the company. Within… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

What is the future for NXP?

Business Process Expert (Current Employee) Eindhoven (Netherlands)

I have been working at NXP

Pros: Very challenging work. State of the art systems. Professional colleagues. Cons: Unclear overall strategic direction. anxiety as market gets worse which is not answered sufficiently by management. Not enough growth opportunities. Overall strange atmosphere because… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate what the direction will be and create new product… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NXP.

Worked for NXP? Contribute to the Community!