There are newer employer reviews for NXP

Unfortunate NXP

Former Employee - Design Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
Former Employee - Design Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at NXP

Pros

The old Philips Semiconductors was a great company. NXP, after the buyout, has (still) some of that great stuff: Technologies, People. There are some great products under development. The support that can be had from the Central organizations is great.

Cons

If your not in Eindhoven the big downside is that the risk of being 'rightsized' is high. In particular in the USA. It seems NXP is not willing to invest in the USA.
The way NXP is going now, it will not survive. Too much debt, no 'killer' project, too much direction changes, and far too much reorganizations in short succession.

Decide, decide, decide. NXP is not (should not be) a United Nations where Management "Teams" say one thing, and each individual mamber then executes something different in their Units.

115 Other Employee Reviews for NXP (View Most Recent)

Franz snatches defeat from the jaws of almost certain victory.

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in East Fishkill, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in East Fishkill, NY (US)

I have been working at NXP

Pros

The people here are very talented , dedicated, and decent people. We have an outstanding team, and for that reason alone I look forward to coming to work each day. There are not too many chrontic complainers. The work is technically challenging and for the most part, there is freedom to be creative and develop solutions the way you think best fits the need and stays within cost guidelines.

At NXP, as in all work places, there are political hurdles to be overcome, but at the end of the reason usually prevails, at least at our site, locally.

Cons

We are waiting to be sold or closed. The very top management has clearly not done right by their employees.

Please quit and find a new line of work. You have made a royal mess of the company. Within two years you have turned a significant opportunity into disaster. You have literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

What is the future for NXP?

Current Employee - Business Process Expert in Eindhoven (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Business Process Expert in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

I have been working at NXP

Pros

Very challenging work. State of the art systems. Professional colleagues.

Cons

Unclear overall strategic direction. anxiety as market gets worse which is not answered sufficiently by management. Not enough growth opportunities. Overall strange atmosphere because of uncertainties of what the future holds. It is also not NXP's fault that they have such a large debt but KKR's they bought NXP for way too much and saddled NXP with the debt. Unclear how we will be able to start deleveraging...

Communicate what the direction will be and create new product lines. Start thinking out of the box!

There are newer employer reviews for NXP