National Heritage Academies

www.nhaschools.com
  www.nhaschools.com
There are newer employer reviews for National Heritage Academies

Great company to start out career in education

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Detroit, MI (US)
Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at National Heritage Academies

Pros

Some of the best reasons include the new innovative approach to classroom learning. When one thing is not bringing the test score results then Supervisors are more than willing to try another learning style. Another observation is the indivdualism of classroom management for the educator. Educator's appear to be encouraged to try new styles of learning within the guidelines and circulum.

Cons

The benefits of Medical and dental only apply to fulltime employees and I believe there is no tenuring into the company. Parapro's posistions are only contigent upon title one funding.

Perhaps to cut some of the paperwork and tracking some the teacher is able to concentrate on more of the classroom.

44 Other Employee Reviews for National Heritage Academies (View Most Recent)

good experience

I worked at National Heritage Academies

Pros

Great work relationships. Can go where you want to

Cons

Company all about numbers. Seems like true concern gets lost

I taught at NHA for over 11 years. I loved it at first. As administration changed, NHA also changed- not for the good.

I have been working at National Heritage Academies part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

THe parents are usually super supportive the staff at my school is young and fun and we all "get" each other and support each other. Out senses of humor get us through the day with each other. Our teachers are EXTREMELY dedicated to their students and their work

Cons

Many of the teachers at my school work 12-13 hour days in order to complete what is expected of us in a week. If we were getting paid like Doctors, those hours might be ok, but we make meager salaries that would be hard to live on as a single parent. We are told to put our families first, yet chastised if we are late, don't have something complete, or forget one of the many, many meetings we have each week.

Appreciate and pay your teachers more. Have admin micromanage less. Teachers do not actually enjoy being observed every week. We got this! We've been doing it longer than most of the deans who are observing us!Deans are needed to help with the many severe behavior issues we have at our school this year. Mt Dean can sit and tell me how to teach some great lesson, but as soon as "Johnny" disrupts the class to the point that I cannot teach, the skills learned in that 03 mean nothing to me.

There are newer employer reviews for National Heritage Academies