National Instruments

www.ni.com

A safe retirement home for ok engineers

Staff Test Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsCan't get fired. Great healthcare. Innovative products. Fairly lax culture. There is a wide breadth of technologies you can gain experience with and there are a good amount of sharing of knowledge one can learn from.

ConsExtremely conservative. Don't expect pay raises ever. There is little difference in work put in vs. career gains out. You're mainly at the mercy of upper management in terms of your career as the company is so understaffed that you'll simply be put where they need you right now. A lot of "band-aid" engineering and quality engineering and design process is never the expectation. Mediocre engineering is the norm here as accountability is close to zero. Extreme department to department differences in where the company places value vs value provided to company. Company acts as if it's still based out of the CEO's garage with 20 employees. Terrible cross-company messaging.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster and hold onto talent rather than replacing with college new hires. Pay competitively. Employees work for incentives whereas Dr. T works for the love of it. Recognize the difference.

A good company to work for

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at National Instruments full-time for more than a year

Pros: 1. The work is good. It holds good only for a few teams. Again, its subjective to my vision of things. But, personally, I feel… Cons: 1. Hikes and profit sharing is not great! 2. Not much of additional facilities, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An excellent place to start your career. Top-notch executive leadership.

Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

I worked at National Instruments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Loads of responsibility bestowed upon you early on -Comfortable company culture with lower stress level than other tech companies -Highly communicative, ethical, and open senior management -Access to… Cons: -Financial compensation is on the low end -Performance bonus is based… Advice to Senior Management: Keep hiring the best and work even harder to keep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on National Instruments.

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!