Neogen
www.neogen.com Lansing, MI 500 to 999 Employees

Entry level company, not a career destination

Chemist (Former Employee)
Lansing, MI (US)

I worked at Neogen

ProsThis is a good entry level place to get into quickly and punch out one year of GMP/ISO manufacturing if you're straight out of school.

ConsLittle room for job advancement, very little actual innovation going on as opposed to expanding the applications of existing technologies, and the salaries are absolutely dismal. Normally industry is supposed to be less interesting but higher paying than academia, but in this case quite a few Michigan State graduate students probably get a higher stipend than their industry counterparts. The scientific literacy of most employees is questionable at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about turnover. Despite the intimidating descriptions and lingo, the job tasks are easy enough for most community college students to do, so just accept that you can have a steady stream of people grabbing their entry level experience and stop acting mystified by the high turnover.

Don't bother

Manufacturing Chemist (Former Employee)
Lansing, MI (US)

I worked at Neogen

Pros: it's a job they pay you on time (most of the… Cons: Bad pay employees do not get raises bad benefits no flex time no respect from upper management treated like a… Advice to Senior Management: yes. please recognize your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

STAY AWAY!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Neogen

Pros: Most of the employees are nice and easy to get along with Company… Cons: No flexible time 4 separate buildings scattered over the city Slow to make any decisions Upper management is a joke and treats employees like children Pay is downright horrible… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Neogen.

Worked for Neogen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neogen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neogen CEO James L. Herbert. All reviews posted anonymously by Neogen employees.