There are newer employer reviews for Neogen

This place is a nightmare.

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Lexington, KY (US)
Former Employee - Territory Manager in Lexington, KY (US)

I worked at Neogen

Pros

Good products, attend great trade shows.

Cons

Management is a joke. All that goes on in that company is everyone trying to blame everyone else for work that hasn't been done. Pay is horrible unless you are from Marion County.

Try to communicate better. There is no communication in that building. Also, check out your managers and try to figure out what they are actually doing.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Neogen (View Most Recent)

I like it... kind of

Current Employee - Research Technician in Lansing, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Research Technician in Lansing, MI (US)

I have been working at Neogen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good chance to advance, awesome coworkers, pretty chill environment

Cons

SO low pay (especially for scientists, I mean, come on), upper management are kind of mean and way too traditional, could offer better benefits (though they're ok I guess), the whole R&D process is painfully tedious

Realize that research and development means RESEARCH and development. You can develop a molding piece of feces all you want, but unless allow the research that makes it a fertilizing commodity, it will continue to be a useless piece of crap.

Get your experience and get out!

Former Employee - Neogen in Lansing, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Neogen in Lansing, MI (US)

I worked at Neogen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and a great place to gain experience.

Cons

Compensation is insulting, the company cares more about shareholders than employees. The pay is not competitive in the industry, even when compared to other local companies. Bonuses and pay raises are also low, if you get them at all. The company has a very high turnover rate. Most of the talented employees leave because of wages, because there is little room for advancement and because employees are not held to equal standards. Many employees get away with showing up late or leaving early while others get pushed to be at work on time, work overtime and to meet strict deadlines. Very few products come out of R&D, the company profits from buying other companies and inheriting new product lines.

The company is going to continue to lose it's best employees unless you start paying people what they are actually worth. I met some good quality, hard workers at this company, it's sad to see that they all leave for the same reason.

There are newer employer reviews for Neogen