Netflix

www.netflix.com
  www.netflix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

A great, fun place to work

Current Employee - Senior User Interface Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior User Interface Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

The service/product is fun to work on, and my friends all know what it is. Netflix is very flexible in a number of ways (work hours and vacation time), my coworkers are competent, and the pay is very good.

Cons

Since we tend to hire experienced engineers in the first place, there aren't pronounced tiers among engineers, so promotions are very rare.

Promotions seem much more common in management positions, and even those seem to be mostly in-place promotions (i.e. the employee's responsibilities don't seem to change with the promotion).

Thanks for everything, and keep up the good work.

427 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

The job is full of freedom and responsibility.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

A super big plus is the vacation policy - you get to have unlimited paid vacation (they don't track it here).

Cons

I don't have any cons to mention.

None.

Amazing culture, clear and transparent strategy, and an amazing staff.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- The company has amazing work culture. They encourage personal responsibility, so you're allowed to work the way you like to work as long as work is getting done.

- All teams appear to be very clear and transparent with regards to strategy. I knew exactly what I was doing, why I was doing it and what the overall objective was. Lots of clear communication and collaboration. You think this would be a no brainer for all companies, but this is increasingly rare so it's great to see Netflix embrace communication.

- Plenty of parking in the Beverly Hills office.

- Catered lunch EVERYDAY.

Cons

-Lack of new employee onboarding for your particular role. When you're new, everyone is really busy so there is rarely time for you to sit down with someone and learn the processes for your role that are specific to Netflix. A lot of it is learning on the fly and asking questions as they come up. This is fine if you're a fast learner or have a lot of experience for your role, but for others this can be a very difficult roadblock that can affect campaigns early on and stifle rapport building within teams

You have created an amazing product and an amazing place to work. Keep going!

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix