Netflix

www.netflix.com

Challenging but worthwhile.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

ProsTwo-week intensive training, $10,000 per year allotment for health insurance or as taxable income, 401(k) Matching up to 3%, FREE 8 DVD at-a-time plan + Watch Instantly plan, Awesome lunchroom amenities [free popcorn, apples, bananas, Macaroni & Cheese and Cup-o-Noodles]. Plus, Workforce Management contracts with local food vendor trucks for availability during peak lunch hours. Availability of 4-10 hour shifts. Comfortable and fun work atmosphere, never a dull moment.

ConsCustomers. Talking with customers day in, day out can be rough on moral [but that is the job, right?!] Just remember, "it's just movies, they aren't mad at you." That was a piece of advice that I was given and I remember it anytime a customer was rough with me.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not be so quick to judge the abilities of a representative based on a few days or even a few rough weeks. The job is not easy but with your help, it can be. "It's just movies."

Absolutely terrible and soul-crushing

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Free bananas, apples, coffee. Low priced soda. Free Netflix account. I worked with (not for!) some amazing people. If your supervisor likes you,… Cons: Pretty much everything else not noted above. Most days the "What's working?" list is shorter than the "What's broken?" one. No communication between departments. Customer service… Advice to Senior Management: This is simple. Learn to communicate. Start treating your CSRs like human beings. Stop encouraging CSRs to lie to customers. Tucking tail and rescinding your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Pays well for a temp job

Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: Pays well for a CSR job. Is full time immediately. Two week training adequately prepares you for position. Nice break area with complementary tea, coffee, fruit. No… Cons: While you are placed on teams to help you deal with any obscure technical issues that may arise, the teams aren't very supportive or responsive.… Advice to Senior Management: Find better ways to recognize your good employees. It's disheartening to continually get good stats and never get a pat on the back. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!