Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Bright people who are fun to work with in very high-performance culture

Vice President (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWalk the walk consistent with the well-articulated culture.
Very focused.
Clear, well-articulated strategy with very good execution against it.
Very transparent, both internally and externally.

ConsA bit of a culture of fear articulated as "the sniper in the building" as some new hires and long-time employees are either bad fit or fail to grow, and are subsequently let go. Culture emphasizes experimentation, which includes needed organizational experiments, and this type of experimentation also reinforces the fear. Again, most of this well-articulated in culture deck, so no surprise.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring and growing stars across all areas of the company.

Work Hard Play Hard

Product Design (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great place to work lots of fun Cons: There are when things get put into overdrive. Advice to Senior Management: keep up the good work! More

Customer Service Rep--definitely NOT Customer Care

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Free Netflix (streaming plus 8 dvds at a time) -Comfortable Location -Call center environment laid back so… Cons: -3rd Party Call center expectations-with Telus International as the client. (Telus is not as "laid back" as Netflix proclaims to be so there is a… Advice to Senior Management: If you're at a job for 8 hours a day--and it's not supposed to feel like work--then FUN--give us a reminder. Your brain can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.