Netflix

www.netflix.com

Very good learning experience at a cost of a lot of heartache

Customer Service Supervisor III (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

ProsPay and benefits. They typically pay above scale and provide benefits from the time you become a full time employee.

ConsManagement, on several occasions missed their mark on several key initiatives in the center. Specifically they never had a clue what was happening on the floor in regards to employee satisfaction and were never involved in developing employees to rank up.

"Manage up or out" was stated on several occasions and this approach is what developed a culture of fear in the call center. High turnover is never a positive motivating factor and management was quick to let go of the people who stood against that ideal.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would share advice but management seems to agree with Hastings' approach of shooting from the hip and not listening to his trusted advisors.

Operations Manager-DVD Hub

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Completely on your own for running the business, making day… Cons: High pressure, high stress, little to no room for advancement. High turnover in the management ranks and the front line employees get almost no… Advice to Senior Management: You have great managers int he feild. Let them do the job you hired them to, reward them for the 10-14 hour days, and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stressful, fast, with lots of attrition.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: Bleeding edge tech company, with great product. Cons: Management cares more about metrics than your work/life balance. The… Advice to Senior Management: Invest time into long term employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!