Netflix

www.netflix.com

Know yourself, then manage your path accordingly

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Los Gatos, CA (US)

ProsBrilliant co-workers, opportunities to have a direct impact, minimal nit-picking bureaucracy or corporate policies, dynamic energy as the company continually evolves. Company does pretty well as removing doofuses and not hiring jerks. For the saavy employee, you can move into some great opportunities as the company grows and adapts. Upper management is very transparent (even when sometimes they don't make the best call -- e.g. Qwikster).

ConsDynamic environment does not work for a 'do my work and go home' employee or those who just want to show up and be told what to do. Middle and lower management can be a crap shoot -- seek out a great boss (there's many at Netflix) and avoid the bad ones (unfortunately, Netflix has those too). There is a level of 'playing the game' but not to an extent that I'd say is greater than anywhere else. Corporate philosophy does not emphasize coaching (but does not ban it) -- so you need to seek out your own mentors or strengthen your team (if you're a lead) by figuring out career/skills grown on your own.

Competitive Company with Opportunities for The MOST Ambitious

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros: free food, and flexible scheduling is promoted, although in a call center, this schedule flexability is not really existent. Senior and Middle management try their… Cons: truthfully, their open door policy on who's getting fired, or what changes are happening can be somewhat stressful at times. you don't feel a sense… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Startup feel

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: The company operates much like a startup, based heavily on… Cons: The overall environment is very competitive, there is a high level… More
There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!