Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Competitive Company with Opportunities for The MOST Ambitious

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Prosfree food, and flexible scheduling is promoted, although in a call center, this schedule flexability is not really existent. Senior and Middle management try their best to be honest and forthcoming.
If you want something you can ask anyone and they can probably get it for you if you work for it.
Believe in promoting from within, and encouraging you.

Construthfully, their open door policy on who's getting fired, or what changes are happening can be somewhat stressful at times. you don't feel a sense of job security. their feedback oriented management style just feels pressure-some.

Netflix is a team. A sports team. an ambitious and cut throat team who will trade you off if they see you're not an asset any longer, rather than encourage you to move cross functionally.

Know yourself, then manage your path accordingly

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Brilliant co-workers, opportunities to have a direct impact, minimal nit-picking bureaucracy or corporate policies, dynamic energy as the company continually evolves. Company does… Cons: Dynamic environment does not work for a 'do my work and go home' employee or those who just want to show up and be told… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros: * Best place if you just want to work with great technically capable folks. * 15-20% higher pay but if you actually consider everything, it might… Cons: * Worst place where all technically capable folks are also so heavy on political games within the team. Also it depends on which team you… Advice to Senior Management: * Gets rid of all mediocre managers, directors and those stupid engineers. * Change the culture of fear from its root… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.