There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Excellent Pay & Fast paced work environment

Current Employee - Senior BI Architect in Los Gatos, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior BI Architect in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay & Fact paced work environment

Cons

Fast paced a work environment and no additional perks

414 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Let us do our jobs!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment: Dress code very comfortable
    Decent wage: Beats the heck out of minimum wage
    Free account: as long as you are employed

Cons

Too much pressure on AHT. 5.5 minutes to relate, converse and fix issues. Not near enough.
    Tech team needs to get their act together. Can get 3 different answers to the same question.
     Need more positive reinforcement. Scare tactics make for constant turnover.
    3rd party call center..attendance policy very strict

Let us do our jobs! Stop confining us on time spent with the customer! We have many elderly customers who need more explanation for issues. DSat is stressed way too much. Back off on a few things..and watch that DSat drop! What is more important...a satisfied member..or how many calls we take a day.

Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros

* Best place if you just want to work with great technically capable folks.
    * 15-20% higher pay but if you actually consider everything, it might not be that big of a deal. Check what will be in-hand salary after taxes because taxes also go high with salary.
    * Somewhat transparent workplace but at times higher management takes ridiculous decisions like Quickster, what the hell....
    * Reed gets thing right most of the time (except Quickster) and understand what he is doing.

Cons

* Worst place where all technically capable folks are also so heavy on political games within the team. Also it depends on which team you are part of. My general observation is, larger the team greater the politics being played within.
    * IT IS LITERALLY TRUE THAT IT IS CULTURE OF FEAR, no matter how talented you are. I have seen ppl being walked out they were far more talented than other mediocre engineers surviving there for 3-4 years just because they lick the managers a*s and I have seen managers loving it being licked :)
    * Few managers who came from Google or some other similar companies, think that they know everything in the world and act as if they rule the world but actually they are literally dumb a*s when it comes to real work.
    * They claim it is all rockstar engineers and the fire who are not but I have seen ppl surviving for ages not even knowing what they did for all these years at Netflix and they are pure mediocre engineers.
    * My advice to engineers would be if you are happy with the work what you are doing right now or with other offers in hand, don't fall for the salary trap, it is merely an illusion.

* Gets rid of all mediocre managers, directors and those stupid engineers.
    * Change the culture of fear from its root because that creates so much politics inside. I have never seen such a political environment in my 10 yrs career.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix