Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work

Director (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix

ProsExtremely open and honest culture to work in.
Management takes pride in culture and therefore is very candid about both the strategy of the company, and the challenges ahead of us.

Very flat organization.

ConsNo clear career path or career development provided. "High performance" culture means that we aim to hire very talented people (which is great), but we don't hestitate to let some one go if its not going to be a good fit over the long-run.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being open and candid about our strategic direction; it's extremely helpful in providing both context and unity of purpose.

Fear-based culture

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Higher than market salary Free lunches Unlimited PTO Cons: Fear-based, highly competitive culture driven by upper management. Mid-management is forced to follow the suit otherwise it will be their job on the line. Everyone… Advice to Senior Management: Trust and respect people. The fact that you pay high salaries and provide unlimited PTO does not mean that you own… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Total Lack Of Respect For Employees

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: -$$$$$$$$$$!!! ($13-$14/hr to start w/full time hours immediately) -Free rental subscription--the highest one they offer (8 @ a time) -Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance available right away -free food in breakroom… Cons: -fear-based company -anyone higher up than you will NOT respect you. Period. -cliquish environment (if you're not with the in crowd, you're invisible.) -very poor communication about job… Advice to Senior Management: Be more reasonable with your employees. Maybe if you applied the same amount of empathy you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.