There are newer employer reviews for Neudesic

A Fun, Dynamic Workplace

Current Employee - Practice Director  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Practice Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Neudesic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Neudesic is a place where you will come and be amazed at the amount of talent around you, I came to neudesic over 5 years ago and was amazed at the talent that I saw in the Organization. A lot of ex-Microsoft people has made Microsoft there home , the company founders were all ex-Microsoft. The mentorship and work culture of these folks raises your own knowledge and expertise to another level. Neudesic is truly a catalyst that will accelerate your talent. General Managers to Practice directors to partners all are developers at heart and this is a true home for great developers at heart.

Neudesic is also a very dynamic company having grown at a dizzying pace year over year even through recession . We did not have any staff reductions at the height of the recession in 2009 and infact grew at a modest pace that year . This testament to how valuable the partnership with Neudesic is considered by our customers and the value that we are able to deliver.

Think smart/Work hard/play hard actually applies here. We have an internal micro blogging tool Pulse that supports all 4 mobile device platforms and everyone is free to voice their opinion and natural leaders bubble up and gain a following , it also make the organization much more flat and blurs reporting lines. The org chart is not very deep and that means there is a lot of room for you to grow into and most people have grown up through the ranks

We have a great mentorship program where your manager is not your mentor , so you are free to work with your mentor to take your career in the direction you want to take even if that means switching to a different stream in the long run.

The atmosphere of the office is fantastic and we have lunch hours on Fridays, we have friendly contests in our team between offices rather than within offices. We put a strong emphasis on fostering team work , elevating technical , process and domain knowledge .

Cons

Our health insurance plan is good but could be better , but I realize this is a numbers game, the more employees you have the better your plan.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Neudesic (View Most Recent)

It's alright

I have been working at Neudesic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very smart technical people, competitive salary, work from home on remote projects.

Cons

-High turnover in some regions.
    -Bonus structure is nearly impossible to meet unless you take no PTO and work Holidays
    -Not sure what I need to do to move to the next level
    -Currently going through a re-org.

Absentee landlords

Current Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Neudesic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart software developers, but no better than the average corporate dev shop.
    Flexible work schedules including work remotely within some regions.

Cons

Ineffective management at the regional level.
    If you don't work in Irvine HQ, you're litle people.
    Focus is on engineering talent, with a bent toward staff augmentation
    Managerial focus is risk/reactive, with very little thought to proactive planning outside of sales.
    Everything is measured in sales.
    Inability to staff talent in management.
    Transfer risk to employees frequently.
    No corp cards for travel (use your own cash or credit and wait)
    Lots of egotistical personnel who think that they invented software development.
    Misalignment on Agile methods that have no resemblence to Agile, and which don't work.
    Change job descriptions to meet XX need.
    100% travel if regional sales personnel are not producing any new projects.
    Below average bonuses with nebulous qualifying criteria that no one can understand.
    Huge reliance on MS as a primary client.
    Lack of credibility in the marketplace as a consultancy and as an employer.
    Lack of credible management leadership at the regional level (everyone is sales focused only)
    Benefits package is horrible. 60 day wait on health, longer on 401k (no match), and health insurance carrier choices are awful; PTO accrual is a joke - you'll be lucky to accrue a week after 7-8 months.

You've reached the growth limit that you can expect to achieve without a massive investment in hiring leaders who have the organizational development and leadership experience to help you build this company. Some of them are right under your noses, and you don't even know it! Unfortunately, by the time you figure out you've empowered a bunch of blowhards with marginal management experience, the people who could have really helped you will be GONE. Pay your management personnel, listen to what they have to say about your delivery and management practices, and then drive them to perform with positive reinforcement. your compensating developers as the most important part of the company, and most of them have the managerial accumen of the average college student (read: none). dev-only does not make the world hum. managerial positions are sales-focused and lack credible delivery management and org development experience. your MC's can save you, but you need to wake up and stop promoting and hiring people into leadership positions who have no credible experience in consulting or management. invest in a delivery methodology that is manageable and adds value - the current one is horrendous. agile is NOT a good delivery management model for consultancies, despite what you may think, and the only people who like it are the developers because it's a hall pass to do what's fun instead of what's required. rookie plays like that will not win you a lot of kudos with your clients, and your internal personnel will leave because the non-developer types are setup to fail at inception.

There are newer employer reviews for Neudesic

Worked for Neudesic? Contribute to the Community!