News Corp
www.newscorp.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Fear of Exceptionalism

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at News Corp full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are above industry standards, discretionary bonuses, decent vacation, unlimited sick.

ConsMicro-Management style, individualism not collaborative, culture of fear and intimidation, lack of resources, no upper mobility. rigid set of standards, refusal to consider different point of view, low employee moral, toxic culture, high turnover, inept people in management positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide your upper level management (EVP and Directors) with sensitivity training, management training should be given to those individuals who come into positions without the required supervisory skill set. High turnover should be a red flag and corrective action should be taken. Encourage an open door policy and feedback. Encourage innovation, thinking outside the box and hold everyone accountable for their actions including inept EVP and Directors.

Dynamic and ever changing place to work

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at News Corp full-time

Pros: Very entrepreneurial environment that encourages risk taking. Cons: Decentralized systems and structure creates inefficiencies Advice to Senior Management: Find a happy medium between allowing companies the freedom to operate on their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great

New York, NY (US)

I have been working at News Corp

Pros: branding is very, very strong. Cons: i can't think of any cons. Advice to Senior Management: keep up the good work across all of the businesses domestically and internationally.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on News Corp.

Worked for News Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at News Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for News Corp CEO K. Rupert Murdoch. All reviews posted anonymously by News Corp employees.