Great environment if project being developed can survive

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Brisbane
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Brisbane

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great group of people and local office had lots of benifits such as lunch provided in canteen

Cons

a purely engineering company with no associate sales department means a rough time if "sponsored" project being worked does not survive

Good quality work gets done if the business basics are sorted ie what to work on and how is it paid for and work required is well communicated to staff. Be carefull before commiting to large project in the latest fad such as Mobile Software Development. Such projects come with a high risk profile and lead times between R&D expense verses sales income can be problematic.

Other Reviews for Nokia - QT Development Frameworks

Interesting work, badly mismanaged from the top

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Oslo (Norway)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Oslo (Norway)

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Qt is really cool - the most complete cross-platform framework, and the best maintained. I have always enjoyed working with it and was glad for a chance to work on it directly. Fortunately the Digia acquisition may allow us to return to that kind of work, so do not take anything negative I have written as any kind of indication for the future of that; the outlook seems bright for Qt now, just not for Nokia (and I seem to be reviewing Nokia here).

Cons

Nokia provided a series of mobile platform projects which distracted us from working on Qt itself, and the company's right hand doesn't know what the left is doing so there were destabilizing changes on a couple of occasions, ending with the cancellation of a project after this entire office had wasted more than a year on it.

There's no hope for management, they don't have a working vision at all. They need to be replaced, but it may be too late for that too.

Hang on, its a wild ride

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Brilliant devs, technology and market value

Cons

lack of business vision execution

go public. get aligned.

There are newer employer reviews for Nokia - QT Development Frameworks.

Worked for Nokia - QT Development Frameworks? Contribute to the Community!