There are newer employer reviews for North Kansas City Hospital

Great Place to work

Current Employee - I T Department in North Kansas City, MO (US)
Current Employee - I T Department in North Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at North Kansas City Hospital

Pros

If you work hard and do well you are recognized and rewarded. Our department has great leadership and is very fair to the employees.

Cons

Always construction taking place. It is good that the company continues to grow but it is sometimes frustrating that the elevators, hallways or parking lots are closed off.

Remember that not everyone at the hospital are nurses. "Support staff" are not medically trained. However, we are just as important to provide the excellent care at the hospital. Most managers understand that but some easily forget.

19 Other Employee Reviews for North Kansas City Hospital (View Most Recent)

Plenty of work to go around

Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in North Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in North Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at North Kansas City Hospital full-time

Pros

There is no shortage of work due to the changing Medicare regulations affecting healthcare outcomes and reimbursement.

Cons

Few career opportunities for non-clinical positions unless you are in information technology. Leadership values are not necessarily passed down through the ranks. Must use Paid Time Off to attend training directly related to your position. Previous employer provided in-house and outside training without requiring one to use their personal time or vacation time.

Include employees in decision that affect their positions and change management style from the parent/child type relationships, provide hourly employees with the benefits similar to management.

Depends on who you report too

I have been working at North Kansas City Hospital full-time

Pros

Close to home, some of the people I work with are very nice

Cons

Some of the people that have worked 20 plus years don't like change or thinking outside the box.

There are newer employer reviews for North Kansas City Hospital