Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Robust transition experience from senior military officer to mid-level manager in a major corporation

Former Employee - Project Manager in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
Former Employee - Project Manager in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You are hired for your demonstrated ability to get the job done, company gives you significant room for professional autonomy which not giving you too much room to cause serious financial harm, I came into corporate world expecting to be "spoon fed" training on how to perform at the PM level and being a profit and loss entity individual training dollars are tight so you are left with a lot of OJT or self training.

Cons

Too little resources for new hires (managers) to get acquainted with the corporate's tools and procedures

N/A

1967 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Great for short term plan and fresh from College -- longevity is not rewarded!

Former Employee - Buyer Specialist in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Buyer Specialist in El Segundo, CA (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is really hard to find them...

Cons

It's obviously called WORK for a reason! Not that I mind hard work... I don't! I gave my 150-200% all the time! But it always seemed the more you did, the more they gave you... without any compensation or thanks in the process. Most of the employees are being stretched too far-- Ones with good work ethic are undermined and railroaded . Too many favorites... the rest will die trying. And nothing seems to change. Past 3-4 yrs of annual layoffs really undermine employee morale.. which is still at an All-time low!!

Too much middle managment still... even with all the layoffs! Certain depts still maintain the Good 'ole Boy mentality! Take a good look at who really does the work.

Great company to advance your career

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with - military friendly - a lot of room for advancement. This organization has a lot of room for growth although it is well established - but as always - it's all about knowing the right people.

Cons

Politics of working for a Government contractor include government red-tape. This means your contracts may be cut short at any time. Be sure to get in to several projects and have your foot in the door at all times.

Ensure your top engineers that their jobs are guaranteed regardless of what contracts may be expiring soon.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman