Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

A great career experience while helping to construct the nation's largest defense platform - Aircraft Carriers.

Program Manager - IT (Former Employee) Newport News, VA (US)

ProsI retired recently after almost 35 years. I worked the entire time at Newport News Shipbuilding which NG spun off as a separate corporation. Working at NNS allowed me to have multiple careers in various disciplines while remaining in one location while making above average salary and benefits. Your potential is only limited by the restraints you place on yourself. NG and NNS were always open to trying a different route if you were not having success on your current path. You just had to ask and support your rationale for the change.

ConsPromotion above the supervisor and manager level are limited simply due to fewer available high level positions. If you have your sights set on being a Director, Vice President or CEO, your odds become very slim after age 35 unless you have become one of the "chosen few". If you have to ask yourself whether you are or aren't, then you aren't.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a larger non-managerial advancement path for those not able to reach senior management positions. You need more "fellow" positions.

Great learning experience at a tough time in the defense industry.

Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Freedom to do a variety of engineering tasks within my… Cons: Several rounds of layoffs in the past few years. Advice to Senior Management: People matter as much as the bottom line. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company in un-certain times.

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Crestview, FL (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company has fair pay and good benefits. Not much contact… Cons: Limited opportunities at the current location. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!