Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Reasons to choose Northrop Grumman

Former Employee - Database Architect  in  Research Triangle Park, NC (US)
Former Employee - Database Architect in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Pros

Company has great benefits, good pay, and the managers treat you like a person instead of like a tool that makes them money. They allow lattitude in career decisions and reward people who go beyond expectations. The best company I've worked for in my 31 years doing computer work.

Cons

This is a large company, so there are requirements that are necessary from regulations the government puts on companies. One example: I never would have any reason to export anything, but still had to complete annual export control training. Once the company lost the contract I was on, they didn't have anything else local to my home. They offered to move me to the DC or Atlanta areas for postions they had there, but I couldn't move as I have family in NC. I am within an hours drive to Raleigh, RTP, and Ft. Bragg, yet they had no openings. I urged them to bid on DoD work, but their response was that's a different division.

Bid on more data work in the Raleigh, RTP, and Ft. Bragg areas. There's lots of opportunities for contracts, and being a great company, they could retain employees. Keep up the great work training managers to treat the workers at client sites as people. Keep rewarding people who go the extra mile.

Other reviews for Northrop Grumman

Good benefits and supportive coworkers.

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Pros

Large company can move you around if you need to. They have good benefits and flexible time off. Good orientation and onboarding program.

Cons

Government contract dependent and could lose federal funding. Management structure is a little confusing.

Keep up the good work and continue getting employee feedback via surveys.

Good pay, good people, felt like a number

Former Employee - Project Engineer
    Former Employee - Project Engineer

Pros

*Overseas assignment*; good people; good benefits. HR/IT could be challenging to figure out, but had good support stateside. Enjoyed my time there. Never had significant interaction with stateside operations.

Cons

Difficult to get overtime; projects are of course on a budget so you feel like a number. Did not feel like I could move up/promote. You would have to move to another location; apply to a higher position. Couldn't figure out the pay scale.

Our section's VP did come out and visit; this was nice. Not sure how it is now; he left. Advice - always value your people out there working the contract; they are the ones making you the money at the home office.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!