Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Reasons to choose Northrop Grumman

Database Architect (Former Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

ProsCompany has great benefits, good pay, and the managers treat you like a person instead of like a tool that makes them money. They allow lattitude in career decisions and reward people who go beyond expectations. The best company I've worked for in my 31 years doing computer work.

ConsThis is a large company, so there are requirements that are necessary from regulations the government puts on companies. One example: I never would have any reason to export anything, but still had to complete annual export control training. Once the company lost the contract I was on, they didn't have anything else local to my home. They offered to move me to the DC or Atlanta areas for postions they had there, but I couldn't move as I have family in NC. I am within an hours drive to Raleigh, RTP, and Ft. Bragg, yet they had no openings. I urged them to bid on DoD work, but their response was that's a different division.

Advice to Senior ManagementBid on more data work in the Raleigh, RTP, and Ft. Bragg areas. There's lots of opportunities for contracts, and being a great company, they could retain employees. Keep up the great work training managers to treat the workers at client sites as people. Keep rewarding people who go the extra mile.

Good benefits and supportive coworkers.

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for less than a year

Pros: Large company can move you around if you need to. They… Cons: Government contract dependent and could lose federal funding. Management structure… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work and continue getting employee feedback… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Like my job, like the people I work with , dislike politics in HR

Program Manager (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: lots of family time, you get promotions Cons: you do not get raises, promotions are title only, no… Advice to Senior Management: Hire from with in and actually give raises that will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!