There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Good company, for a contractor

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Fairfax, VA (US)
Current Employee - Analyst in Fairfax, VA (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Competitive salaries, if you know what to ask for (otherwise they'll naturally pay less). The management respected us as people working at the client site, and didn't micro-manage us. They are very reasonable about travel expenses. The administrative staff are very supportive, and the company will back you, as long as you keep the client happy.

Cons

Some of the bureaucracy was obnoxious -- the way you had to log in to the NG site, how hard it was to find information on the NG websites, the complexity of submitting travel expense claims, etc. They sent too many unnecessary emails from corporate and required that we read them. And I needed multiple usernames and passwords just for the company internal tasks.

Redesign the employee functions on the websites to make it easier to find things. Simplify logging in and make it so you can do everything with one username and password. Keep on-site employees better informed about other opportunities within the company, on other projects, so people know they have options and don't have to leave the company if they're getting stuck in their present position.

1743 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Started well...ended badly

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Good benefits
    Nice family environment
    Flexible work hours

Cons

Pay is not competitive
    Management did not act when they outsourced our jobs
    No loyalty to employees

Have some loyalty to your employees if you expect them to show you loyalty

Nice place to hang out

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Redondo Beach, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Redondo Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros

Good food and free coffee. close to the beach and fun places in South Bay. close to the freeway. costco is only five minutes away

Cons

high health insurance premium. it should be free. 401k plan is weak, not enough managers to choose from. the Redondo Beach building is very old

Lower health insurance premium, improve 401k plan. have social events for employees. provide free transportation to the beach and other fun places around Redondo Beach

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!