Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Good company, for a contractor

Analyst (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA (US)

ProsCompetitive salaries, if you know what to ask for (otherwise they'll naturally pay less). The management respected us as people working at the client site, and didn't micro-manage us. They are very reasonable about travel expenses. The administrative staff are very supportive, and the company will back you, as long as you keep the client happy.

ConsSome of the bureaucracy was obnoxious -- the way you had to log in to the NG site, how hard it was to find information on the NG websites, the complexity of submitting travel expense claims, etc. They sent too many unnecessary emails from corporate and required that we read them. And I needed multiple usernames and passwords just for the company internal tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementRedesign the employee functions on the websites to make it easier to find things. Simplify logging in and make it so you can do everything with one username and password. Keep on-site employees better informed about other opportunities within the company, on other projects, so people know they have options and don't have to leave the company if they're getting stuck in their present position.

Great Job

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Newport News, VA (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman

Pros: Great place to work with good benifits and pay. Cons: A lot of the same desk work everyday Advice to Senior Management: Such a big company that not everyone is on the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Civility and Loyalty Still Exist

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: They are not interested in rapid turnover of employees. They will give you lots of responsibility. They value loyalty, while understanding… Cons: No big contracts this year (although they may have some in the next year). Available skills training is mostly geared toward… Advice to Senior Management: To the older generation, job stability meant that you could stay at the same job for a long time. To the newer generation, job… More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!