Northwestern Mutual

Recruiter

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTremendous amount of time and money put into personal development and training. Has one of the best internship programs developed for the financial services industry.

ConsHard recruiting environment-hard to attract good candidates, expect you to refer people to the career or rely on reps to refer you candidate and that doesn't happen easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so discriminatory when it comes to hiring recruiters. By far, the vast majority of recruiters are young, attractive women and their is a clear bias by management to keep it this way.

Uncomfortable

Intern (Current Employee)
Spokane, WA (US)

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Lots of college educated people Potential to make good money Office was… Cons: where do I begin? 1. No pay unless you sell, Sell, SELL! (mostly to friends and family) 2. Management is offense, sexist, potentially racist, no diversity (At… Advice to Senior Management: Exactly how old are most of your employees? when I attended the last annual meeting I was astonished to see that most of the employees… More

College Financial Representative

College Financial Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Excellent Training program, really teach you their way and good prospecting Flexible Schedule as… Cons: No forms of leads provided, want to prospect friends and family first… Advice to Senior Management: Keep adapting and exposing reps to all aspects of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.