Novell
www.novell.com Provo, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sad to See a Former Great Company Go Down the Tubes

Application Engineer (Former Employee)
Provo, UT (US)

I worked at Novell

ProsGood pay, decent benefits, nice co-workers, excellent facilities, bonuses

ConsThe company has a reputation of doing layoffs each year. They are in a downward death spiral that may not bottom out. Working there is pleasant, but you must constantly wonder if you will have a job the next week.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing directions every few months. Focus on selling stuff. Stop trying to be "the big player". Novell is no longer a powerhouse.

Solid place to work

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee)
Provo, UT (US)

I worked at Novell

Pros: I enjoyed the atmosphere at Novell as much as anything else. There was always a lot of work to be done, but… Cons: The company's long-term health is somewhat in question. If the Linux strategy doesn't work, they'll have gutted… Advice to Senior Management: Trim away products that make no / little money. The company is spread too thin, and the near-constant layoffs are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

Technology Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Novell

Pros: Good portfolio of technology and products, Good work atmosphere, and… Cons: Poor reputation with customers, Novell brand is viewed as a… Advice to Senior Management: Marketing re branding, and streamlining processes can bring Novell back… More

There are newer reviews on Novell.

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Novell CEO Bob Flynn . All reviews posted anonymously by Novell employees.