Opera Solutions
www.operasolutions.com Jersey City, NJ 500 to 999 Employees

An Opportunity To Work With “A” Quality People

New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsIf there was one element about Opera Solutions that places it head and shoulders above the other "Big Data"/service players in the market, it’s the quality of the people I work with. Through all levels of the org, the company consists of a collegial atmosphere with some of the brightest minds I’ve had the pleasure of working with.

The company's CEO, Arnab, is a visionary in this space and has been the driving force behind the company's shift from its consulting roots to a software company. He has high standards for himself and the people around him. Those who aren't willing to give their all — to work harder and think more deeply — may have a problem with this. Personally, I like it.

Though a lot of reviews suggest the c-suite is disconnected from the trenches, I beg to differ as the hierarchy is relatively flat and management is helping drive initiatives daily.

Salaries remain competitive and if you do contribute top-notch work, you will be rewarded sooner rather than later. As one poster said “you get what you put in,” which means if you roll up your sleeves, prepare to work hard, and produce, your efforts will be recognized by senior leadership.

If you’re hungry there’s plenty of room to grow, by climbing “the ladder” and also by gaining experience at one of the top companies in the “Big Data” space.

ConsCommunication throughout the organization needs attention as “town hall” style Q&A meetings are rarely held and transparency is lacking.

Delusional management, no transparency, nepotistic disorganization

I have been working at Opera Solutions

Pros: Good people. Talented people but in short supply. The culture… Cons: Talent leaving like running from a burning building. Management playing violins on the deck of the titanic. Lack of faith, trust and honesty from managers. If you're not… Advice to Senior Management: Make an attempt to restore faith in employees (and investors) Quit the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Best-positioned company in Big Data analytics space

Vice President (Current Employee)
Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Opportunity to be part of the most advanced company in the exploding Big Data arena Great people - accomplished, intelligent, fun Chance to be… Cons: Definite growing pains - particularly in shedding the old consulting values and approaches Some grumpy and cynical old-style consultants who create a lot of noise and… Advice to Senior Management: What the company represents in the market, and the traction it's gaining, is real. But management needs to do a better job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Opera Solutions.

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Opera Solutions – Why Work for Us?

Opera Solutions applies advanced analytics to Big Data flows to extract predictive patterns. Our goal is not only to make machines smarter but also (and more important) to use machines’ output to dramatically improve… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Opera Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Opera Solutions CEO Bernhard Nann. All reviews posted anonymously by Opera Solutions employees.