Oracle

www.oracle.com

Challenging, good pay good work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO (US)

ProsSensible work hours compared to last job -- work 50 hrs week compared to 70. This is due to having more people supporting you with your tasks. Next, I value working with colleagues all over the globe. I'm home assigned which works great. Manager treats as adults in that no questions asked or bother if you're professionally competent do a good job. If you go above and beyond with your work you get raises and are supported by managment. Finally, Oracle knows how to monitize on products and sevices. This is a plus as I have not had to deal with constant layoffs like at my previous company.

ConsRaises amounts could be higher. The culture differs based on where you are at. California HQ is pretty dull, whereas the old Sun Microsystems campus in Colorado is much more interactive with brigher facilities and staff events.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs to start hiring young talent to serve as base for next generation or Oracle and to inject fresh modern ideas. Company needs to put more into culture and people with campus events and facilites with better teaming areas.

Employees to work with "OUT of warranty" laptops

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Less work and nothing else Cons: Reasons to reject Oracle Offer: 1. They hire for market prices and never give hike once employee is in. Not even a consistent single digit hike.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Exciting time to work at Oracle

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Oracle has grown a diverse line of products, all striving to be best in class. Unlike other companies that grow through acquisition, Oracle… Cons: Easy to feel isolated, accessing self-service applications, working remotely on virtual… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!