Oracle
3.3 of 5 4,751 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Challenging, good pay good work life balance

Broomfield, CO (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSensible work hours compared to last job -- work 50 hrs week compared to 70. This is due to having more people supporting you with your tasks. Next, I value working with colleagues all over the globe. I'm home assigned which works great. Manager treats as adults in that no questions asked or bother if you're professionally competent do a good job. If you go above and beyond with your work you get raises and are supported by managment. Finally, Oracle knows how to monitize on products and sevices. This is a plus as I have not had to deal with constant layoffs like at my previous company.

ConsRaises amounts could be higher. The culture differs based on where you are at. California HQ is pretty dull, whereas the old Sun Microsystems campus in Colorado is much more interactive with brigher facilities and staff events.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs to start hiring young talent to serve as base for next generation or Oracle and to inject fresh modern ideas. Company needs to put more into culture and people with campus events and facilites with better teaming areas.

A great university; but reorgs galore!

Group Manager (Former Employee)
Redwood City, CA (US)

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: A great university to work at: multiple divisions, groups and technologies… Cons: Reorgs and politics! Once you get into management, you tend to get sucked into the management politics! you never… Advice to Senior Management: Become nimble and quick while being a large company or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Huge IT company with lots of -maybe too many- resources, some great people in the wider organization & a good experience

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Málaga (Spain)

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of internal resources and great colleagues to collaborate with, great initial "Foundation" training in Dublin, lots of learning resources (technical, managerial, etc.). One of… Cons: No incentive for software sales to collaborate with their hardware counterparts in order to leverage the "Red stack" message and potential… Advice to Senior Management: Lead by example: be more present in the office, get the software salespeople to actively work with their hardware counterparts by including some sort of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.