Oracle
3.3 of 5 4,760 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Not a bad place to work

Principal Member Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOracle makes great products ad employs some brilliant people. I am in engineering so my comments speak to that organization. The benefits are top notch and the resources are good I.e. the hardware we use etc. No, we do not get our own Exadata full rack!

ConsIt is a big company so there are waves of politics to wade through if you want to get ahead. You. Need to play the game because rest assured, others are. If you really want to advance in engineering, you need to work in Redwood Shores. Also, the bonuses and stock options have been WAY down in recent years at least for our group.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop neglecting your software developers in order to focus on your new hardware acquisitions. We used to be your pride and joy and now it seems we are just supporting the machine.

Great opportunities and work culture!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There is a diverse set of technologies you get to… Cons: Nothing major.Just need to make sure as an employee that you are transfering between teams and working on multiple projects… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great company to work for

Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: no dress code work from home flexible timings Cons: cannot think of any thing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.