Orbitz Worldwide
www.orbitz.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good so far

Technology (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsSeems like everyone I work with enjoys being there, no real disgruntled employees that I have come across. Everyone so far has been a pleasure to work with and a positive vibe. Let's be honest that really what makes or breaks a job is the people you work with.

Great office, nice location.

Compensation is on par with competitors.

ConsA little too software happy, you have to log any vacation or time off twice in separate systems. Stupid red tape with dealing with issues like getting locked out of machine or hardware stuff.

You must submit your hours weekly (Replicon).

No personal mail of any kind allowed, which I have never encountered before any any company. It's not critical but every now and then there may be a package that you have to have delivered at work, but that wont happen here.

No 401k match for the entire first year, another first experience for me and a surprise given the size of the company.

PTO is on the stingy side, 12 days of vacation a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementEase up on the personal mail, we spend the majority of our week in the office...at least let us pick up important deliveries from the mail room, you dont have to deliver it. Remove redundancy from employee tools, kill replicon.

Orbitz continues to offer me opportunities to grow my career

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Hard work pays off. Orbitz has yet to disappoint me in terms of offering me more responsibility and opportunities to grow. I feel… Cons: We try to do too much. Being a full… Advice to Senior Management: Improve benefits to be more competitive with technology companies out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people, great industry, great tech - always a new challenge and opportunity to lead and learn

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It is rare you can work at a company that gets to build products for an industry (travel) that is changing as much as it… Cons: The market is competitive and Orbitz hasn't been able yet to really hit its stride. This contrast is drawn sharper by recent competitive wins.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the focus. Build unique and valuable products. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Orbitz Worldwide.

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Orbitz Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE:OWW) is a leading global online travel company using technology to transform the way consumers around the world plan and purchase travel. Orbitz Worldwide operates the consumer travel planning… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Orbitz Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Orbitz Worldwide CEO Barney Harford . All reviews posted anonymously by Orbitz Worldwide employees.