Oshkosh Corporation
www.oshkoshcorporation.com Oshkosh, WI 5000+ Employees

Expect More, pay less

Industrial Engineer (Current Employee)
Oshkosh, WI (US)

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIt has a demanding customer, and is a fast paced manufacturer. There are plenty of opportunities for improvements, and the chance to work on many big projects. Products are very cool, and serving the customer is rewarding.

ConsThe expectation of working more hours. Never ending work load and a lack of training. Old-boy network controls promotions, and there is an overall resistance to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth, low raises are an insult. Actually show that you value your workforce by listening to them. Maybe consider embracing 20th century (or even 21st!) management methods.

Busy, unorganized plant floor

Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Pay and benefit, Worked with great people. Cons: No balance between work and home. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Typical manuf. company

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation

Pros: Benefits vacation, health, vision, dental, life insurace, 401k, Pay is… Cons: Defense spending cuts Lacking municipal funds Slowly recovering construction market Atmosphere tied to economy in many ways Certain customers require… More

There are newer reviews on Oshkosh Corporation.

Worked for Oshkosh Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oshkosh Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oshkosh Corporation CEO Charles L. Szews. All reviews posted anonymously by Oshkosh Corporation employees.