PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

Fast paced, deadline driven environment combined with helpful, friendly management assist in keeping employees striving.

Operations Senior Specialist (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros- 500 Firstside Center, great location to use public transportation to get to work, right next to First Ave. Station
- Great 1 on 1 monthly feedback from management from a performance perspective, concerns with employment, or even interpersonal communication to expand one's network.
- Great many ways upper management finds to recognize and reward employees for consistently performing above expectations in terms of attendance, performance, and productivity. From promotional PNC points awarded to spend in the PNC store, annual employee appreciation week, and many opportunities to choose to work additional hours on holiday pay.

Cons- If you apply for the weekend shift, know that you will be applicable for a weekend differential. PNC provides a small incentive pay to those willing to become weekend warriors.
- Working on your feet 40 hours a week will be tiring for anyone, so be forewarned if you expect to do a lot of cardio with your feet.
- Be prepared to pack your own food for lunch and breaks. Employees currently are not able to combine their 15 minutes break and 30 minutes lunch during a workday. The only fast food restaurants close to the 500 Firstside center location is a Subway <5 minutes walk, everywhere else is at least 10-15 minutes walking distance away. Not helpful when you close the cafeteria on the 5th floor on the weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, but one small con covered in my Cons above. Management has come a long ways from when I started in 2004, and it has taken all the right paths and directions. So much has improved, from directing not 1 supervisor per floor but multiple supervisors per each function, greater interpersonal communication to each individual employee, and finally greater training from more experienced trainers to better acquaint new employees.

Great people, can be fun and fast-moving

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits, great people, fast-paced, ever-evolving technology Cons: You have to work hard; they do not tolerate poor performance. You need to be at the top of your game for anything management… Advice to Senior Management: There seems to be a lot of turnover in the HR Management areas in Pittsburgh. That is very concerning. Hire more direct employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for, upper management cares about personal / career development

Business Banker (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work life balance, great management, focus on team environment work, more of a relationship banking with it's… Cons: Some lack of back office support, computer system is outdated… Advice to Senior Management: Upgrade IT system. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!