Short but great experience to learn new things and meet great people

Former Employee - Operations Specialist  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

My coworkers were the best and the employees are as important to the company as the customers are. There were plenty of company sponsored activities for employees. The cafeteria was on site and the food was pretty good.

Cons

In my particular department, I was well into my 90 days before my training started. The pay was not sufficient to the job duties that I performed and my previous experience I had in banking. Security needs to amp it up a lot because the parking lot is huge and the security seems to never leave the building.

Other Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Overworked and underpaid... go figure.

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only pro I can think of at the moment is that it is a job and although the pay is not great, you get paid on time.

Cons

I do the job of 3 different people and do not get paid or acknowledged for it. I have not had a raise in over 2 years. I had vacation time approved for over 2 months to be out for two days in November 2012, and 4 hours before my scheduled vacation, I was told that I could no longer take that vacation because they could not find anyone to cover for me. 4 HOURS!!! I can understand telling me a week ahead of time or something, but 4 hours I feel like I am being run over and it gets very irritating. I am the only teller on the line right now, and have been since we opened at 9:00am this morning. While the 2 other people in the office have been sitting at their desks on personal phone calls and gossiping.

Treat every branch FAIRLY. Stand up for every branch the SAME.

not bad and not good. I wouldn't recommend.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

Pros

Light work load. I was part of an acquisition so my job duties were promptly shifted to the employee taking my place. I knew I was getting let go, so no harm no foul.

Cons

Don't care about employees from acquisitions. Upper management should actually act like they care about employees, even though they are getting laid off.

Have an actual plan when acquiring a company.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!