PPC

www.ppc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PPC

The Rise of the Phoenix

I have been working at PPC

Pros

PPC has a great history of success, innovation, and customer first attitude.
New opportunities for movers and shakers to be entrepreneurial
Team culture
Work Hard Play Hard
Willing to bring in raw talent and grow them
You’re given a chance to sit at the decision table
New Blood with new attitudes

Cons

Staff Departures
Lack of accountability across the board from 2009 through 2011.

Continue making the difficult decisions to stabilize the company. Select competent people to operate or get rid of those who can't. Seek general employee feedback as one important tool to optimize everything from overhead to solution sales. Stay focused and the company will rise from the ashes better and stronger.

46 Other Employee Reviews for PPC (View Most Recent)

Great work environment, great people.

Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA (US)

I worked at PPC

Pros

I loved the building and the people in it. Company events were fun when I went to them, and the work environment was generally relaxed. On my first day, I wore a tie and got several comments about how it wasn't necessary, even from the CEO at the time.

Cons

I felt like I had a lack of solid feedback about my job performance on a regular basis. The review process also seemed to not follow a regular schedule.

I do not have much feedback for the management of Project Performance Corp. A little more transparency would have been nice.

Overall very positive...if you give help, others help you.

I have been working at PPC

Pros

There is a lot of change going on...some bad, some good. On the good side, there is a new focus on technology services. I see this as positive since that is how the company grew in the first place. Change has brought in some new blood...while allowing exsting staff the opportunity to step up. From what I read, the new Global CEO in London has experience with technology firms, unlike previous Global CEO. New PPC CEO is also from a tech firm...so maybe this will help us get back on track (i.e. start winning again). He is getting involved in the business...that is a good thing (he knows what we do). You are likely to see him walking the halls talking to folks.

Cons

There is currently a lot of change and it is causing stress throughout the organization. Communication could be better, but my hunch is there is no conspiracy to hide things from us...senior mgmt may not know everything given the changes at the parent (AEA). Maybe the biggest drag on morale is not knowing exactly what is going to happen...but then again, things are tough everywhere. My friends in other firms talk about the exact same things I complain about here. We don't seem to have a concrete path forward yet...that is causing stress.

Focus on what the firm does best (technology services), develop a plan, invest in your people, and communicate as best you can (don't assume everyone knows what you know).

There are newer employer reviews for PPC