The Rise of the Phoenix

I have been working at PPC

Pros

PPC has a great history of success, innovation, and customer first attitude.
New opportunities for movers and shakers to be entrepreneurial
Team culture
Work Hard Play Hard
Willing to bring in raw talent and grow them
You’re given a chance to sit at the decision table
New Blood with new attitudes

Cons

Staff Departures
Lack of accountability across the board from 2009 through 2011.

Continue making the difficult decisions to stabilize the company. Select competent people to operate or get rid of those who can't. Seek general employee feedback as one important tool to optimize everything from overhead to solution sales. Stay focused and the company will rise from the ashes better and stronger.

Other Reviews for PPC

Great work environment, great people.

Former Employee - Associate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA (US)

I worked at PPC

Pros

I loved the building and the people in it. Company events were fun when I went to them, and the work environment was generally relaxed. On my first day, I wore a tie and got several comments about how it wasn't necessary, even from the CEO at the time.

Cons

I felt like I had a lack of solid feedback about my job performance on a regular basis. The review process also seemed to not follow a regular schedule.

I do not have much feedback for the management of Project Performance Corp. A little more transparency would have been nice.

Was Proud to Work There at One Time

I worked at PPC

Pros

Before the management shake up in the Fall of 2011, PPC was a pretty good place to work. I felt that I had a great relationship the Senior Management Team, felt like there was an open door policy, was treated fairly and generally went home feeling like I accomplished something and looked forward (for the most part) to going back to work the next day.

Cons

The new CEO is completely out of touch with the company and doesn't care about it's history or employees. He wants to change the company culture and it feels like he's driving out all of the people who know PPC best and can help it succeed to bring in his own people. That's his prerogative as the new leader but his blatent disrespect of employees and people who want the company succeed is stressful. In November, 14 people were laid off, including in finance and accounting, now there is a push to re-hire for those positions that were "eliminated" because PPC can't keep up with it's own billing. On top of that, the company has no money and collection calls from vendors to subcontractors is constant. It's a sad place to be and people are running for the hills to get out of there. The new CEO was brought in to make tough changes and turn the company around. However his own employment history shows that he hasn't been at any place long enough to make an impact, what makes AEA think he can do it here?

PPC needs to be folded in with it's sister company or sold. If not that, a new CEO needs to be brought in. PPC was always a place that was proud of it's history and respect for it's employees, leadership should reflect that.

There are newer employer reviews for PPC.

Worked for PPC? Contribute to the Community!