There are newer employer reviews for PPG

Current Business Analyst working at PPG

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at PPG full-time

Pros

Overall good company with good opportunities to try different things and fair compensation.

Cons

Some ad managers can ruin a good job

213 Other Employee Reviews for PPG (View Most Recent)

Typical Big Company - Good Ole Boy Network

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at PPG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent opportunities for new positions and career changes so long as you don't mind situations where they have already selected a candidate rather than interviewing for one.

Their shareholders love them! Buy PPG stock as it has been profitable and paid uninterrupted dividends for 130 years. I guess when they pinch the pennies out of their employees it affords them the ability to be profitable.

Cons

PPG suffers from many of the same tragedies as many of the big global corporations. Poor middle management who ride the success of their employees, a lot of overpaid dinosaurs who are protected by the good ole boy network, and senior management who get high returns on short term decisions with long term negative consequences. Salaries and bonuses are a joke to anyone who is not management. My best bonus in 5 years of working as a senior analyst for Corporate IT was 3% despite stellar reviews in my annual P&LP. The average was 1.5 %. I guess they figure that we get enough perks with our partner discounts ($5 off a gallon of Manor Hall paint and Aquapel windshield repellant at Christmas)! Raises are crap - typically less than cost of living increase. People work to the bone for nothing. A friend of mine lost his daughter to cancer and they pressured him to come back to work or else losing his job.

Reward the people who make your company the success that it is. When promoting people to management positions, they should have to have a 5 year plan and deliver on it before getting rewarded. Too many decisions happen affecting short term goals (year end cuts to hit goals) with long term repercussions.

Really Friendly!

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at PPG part-time

Pros

There is a great sense of camaraderie when working there. Jerks are few and far between, and the company wants to keep it that way.

Cons

Naturally, working in the labs can be dirty, and some of the buildings don't have air conditioning. They do give out free water if the temperature is high though.

Just make sure you take care of the factory workers.

There are newer employer reviews for PPG

Worked for PPG? Contribute to the Community!