There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Great experience! organized leadership and great teamwork with co-workers

Current Employee - Front-of-House  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
Current Employee - Front-of-House in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Panda Express part-time for more than a year

Pros

Better pay than other fast food restaurants. Great benefits. Free food. Paid Training. Panda provides the uniforms for you

Cons

Room for advancement is tough. Work around food a lot so you might smell like food at the end of the day.

Make sure to set rules and regulations in order to provide new employees with the proper tools to succeed in the workplace.

302 Other Employee Reviews for Panda Express (View Most Recent)

It was so bad working there, I was looking for a way out.

Former Employee - Associate  in  Des Plaines, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in Des Plaines, IL (US)

I worked at Panda Express part-time for more than a year

Pros

1)Free food whenever you worked... It is, however, extremely fattening, and can be really bad for you.

Cons

1)Large biases from managers; favor of one coworker more than another simply because of their looks.
    2)Hours per week were minimal, and kept getting cut because they would keep hiring more workers (I am assuming because of benefits, look at number 4).
    3)Coworkers can act however they want... including being rude to customers as much as they wanted to be, or even ignore the customers to play on their phones and take calls while on the clock.
    4)Any benefits you wanted meant you had to work a minimum of about 30 hours, which almost never happened - I believe they actually try to keep you well below 30 hours a week just so they don't have to give you benefits.
    5)Management does not value you at all, no matter how hard you work. They don't care.

I am extremely disappointed in the management. The only store I worked at that seemed like a decent store was the one that was the district manager's "home store." All of the others seemed like a joke.

Terrible

Former Employee - Cook/Dish Washer  in  Van Nuys, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Cook/Dish Washer in Van Nuys, CA (US)

I worked at Panda Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free meals, that's the best

Cons

worst job ever, this place was terrible they expect one person to cook chow ming, fried rice, teriyaki chicken while all the dishes have to be washed without even a spray gun all that for less than 9 bucks an hour, I mean I wouldn't be complaining so much if they at least play 15 bucks an hour. The place I worked was very busy there was no time to breath only work and work all day everyday . if the location was slower this would have been better.

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!