There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Not bad but not good

I worked at Papa John's

Pros

Good hours, good staff, tips were pooled, free pizza and other food items

Cons

Pay was only eh
Only had room for advancement if you became a driver

448 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

The best carryout pizza you can buy

Current Employee - Instore  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Instore in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Papa John's part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Its a very good job for high schoolers
    -Making pizza and working the phones is very simple
    - flexible hours
    -The employees felt sort of like family at the both stores I worked at

Cons

-Out dated computers from the 1980s to take phone orders
    -Bad bad hours if instore like stated in the pros good job for highschoolers

slightly raise the standards on who you hire

Papa John's teaches us P.A.P.A, They say people are priority always, but they misspelled profits.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Greensboro, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Greensboro, NC (US)

I have been working at Papa John's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The only pro of working at Papa John's, is you get an appreciation for how hard people in the food industry work, and the vast amount of amazing people you can meet. I've worked with really awesome people, just all in an undesirable socioeconomic position.

Cons

Rabid dishonesty from the top to the bottom. Have worked at Papa John's for nearly 9 years. There has been a persistent trend of creating new policies, that supposedly are better for both employees and customers. Simple deductive reasoning of each situation suggest, that each new policy was only beneficial to PAPA and his profits. Any attempt to question the all mighty gods of PAPA corporate are met with accusations of laziness or stupidity, despite evidence to the contrary.. As stated above, with 9 years of full time experience, coupled with obtaining a bachelors degree while working for Papa Johns. I sadly still make the same as somebody hired tomorrow. It's a sad truth that Papa John's does not value it's employees. You will get the same crap wage, no matter how hard you work. I could write a book on the exploitative practices of this company. Yes men, with no integrity are picked out for management. By the way, the shift runner at your local Papas, most likely makes less than $10 an hour, to lead a team of 10-15 members during busy night shifts. While the GMs, the only salary position in the stores, work the slower daytime shifts and pawn off responsibilities to the night shift. For the drivers, they're not adequately reimbursed for gas mileage or wear and tear on the car. Most importantly, EVERYBODY is expendable. They don't care about ANYBODY. $$$

Find it in yourselves to demonstrate integrity, even if the face of exploitative directives. At the very least, acknowledge the hypocrisy in every facet of this company. It's more than obvious for any full time employee that thinks independently.

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Worked for Papa John's? Contribute to the Community!