PayPal
www.paypal.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

Lots of opportunity from a great yet imperfect company.

Principal Product Manager (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at PayPal full-time for more than 10 years

Pros-Friendly and supportive culture--not a dog eat dog environment
-Great benefits and excellent eBay inc. stock program
-High performers are recognized and rewarded
-Current (though not past) management recognizes company challenges and has put bold plans in place to improve.

ConsThe company's core technology and development processes stunt innovation at the company. This makes product development progress incredibly slow and often unsatisfying to all who contribute. This has driven away many talented product managers and developers. eBay also has a penchant for constant reorganization. Every time a new senior leader comes in, a reorganization will be put in place. This flux causes churn and impedes both the company's and employees' goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop believing that reorganizations solve real problems. I've witnessed this tendency for ten years, and it has yet to yield lasting improvements to the effectiveness of teams.

Give small teams autonomy over product areas with guidance on expected results. Management still
tends to issue product edicts "This product must be built in so in so ways.." that are ill-informed and poorly conceived. Talented professionals who develop and manage products for a living will always produce better product solutions than professionals who run companies and manage people. The skill sets for these roles are not the same, and this needs to be acknowledged. Focus on the results and guide with expectations and core values.

The company *must* improve it's technology processes. All former leaders have failed at this--take the time to understand their mistakes and do not repeat them. Develop a concrete plan for this, and execute well.

I had a good time interning at Paypal

I have been working at PayPal as an intern

Pros: Good salary , Good Management ,Good work culture Cons: Technology needs to improve a lot . Lot of stuff… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

My experience

Talent Acquisition (Former Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at PayPal full-time for less than a year

Pros: - environment - Opportunity - Name - Multinational Cons: -Management Career progression - Recruiters - Location - Values Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on PayPal.

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PayPal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PayPal CEO David Marcus. All reviews posted anonymously by PayPal employees.