Paychex

www.paychex.com
  www.paychex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

HR solutions Representative

Former Employee - Human Resources Solutions Representatvie in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Paychex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paychex provides you with everything that you need to become successful in a sales orginization. cell phone, client lists, and support.

Cons

As an HR solutions representative the ramp up time may take a while since you will be learing all of the high level and details aspects of HR. Once you get familiar with the product and value proposition, your success should be imiminent. Just work hard and check your ego at the door.

Pair up your new employees with your top level sales representatives if you want to shorten the ramp up time. The problem is how do you incentivise your rockstars to do so? I can garauntee that if you do a business analysis by using the strategy that it will result in great profits for the orginization.

688 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Great Place to start your career

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Installs great work ethic
    Excellent training programs

Cons

Hard to achieve work / life balance
    Tend to micro-manage workforce

Slow to adapt to the downturn in the economy

Sales 101

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, good team environment and team builders. I was lucky to work on a great team with a fantastic manager, it made it tough to leave. You can work from home once you've proven yourself, but will need to come in Monday mornings and Fridays.

Cons

Stress stress stress. Zone manager hears it from his highers ups when he doesn't hit his numbers, your manager hears it from him and you'll hear it from your manager.You need to work really hard and build up for a few years...but in reality the hard work never stops. Appointment quotas, if you don't reach your appt quota you're dialing at 8am Friday morning. You'll see a daily email of your sold/submitted along with everyone else in your zone.

You guys were good to me throughout my whole tenure. I don't blame management for the stress, it's just how Paychex is built. I realized that I could make more money busting my behind at another job.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex