Paycom
www.paycomjobs.com Oklahoma City, OK 500 to 999 Employees

Amazing position that provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to launch or elevate your career!

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros- Let me start out by saying this position exceeded every single one of my expectations!
- Great atmosphere in the Denver office. All your colleagues are young outstanding professionals who work hard and play hard. You're never short on people to turn to or learn from and every member of the team is committed to your success. They're also great at making you laugh and helping you unwind during those tough days.
- The Denver office has arguably the best manager in the company. He's very much committed to your success and ANYTHING he can do to help you out he will. Very easy to talk to and I don't think he ever got mad when our office made mistakes, instead he works with you to turn mistakes into great learning moments. He was also very quick to ride along with you and provide a ton of support on tough accounts. Its rare you find people like him and he was a huge positive factor in my decision to work for Paycom.
- Extremely high compensation: $50K base plus uncapped commissions. I know every sales positions says "high earning potential", but at Paycom there's nothing fishy about it and I would say expect to make somewhere in the area of $65K-$75K your first year.
- Tons of huge accounts in your territory, these usually equate to commission checks of $10,000 or more! Imagine paying off your credit cards, car payments, and student loans in one commission check.
- Great opportunity to build excellent business acumen and overall business knowledge. You meet a ton of great C-level executives and business owners who really rub off on you.
- Excellent on going training and support.
- You get to manage your own business, territory, and time. Other than a two schedule phone canvassing times and a few trainings you get to plan your day.

Cons- Job can really become stressful when you have more "to do" items than hours in the day. Most of the "to do" items are time sensitive and really require your immediate attention and this can cause your activity to slip.
- The stress of work tends to follow you home on evenings and weekends. But this is common of most highly compensated positions.
- Very little vacation time off your first year. The first year on the job is tough and becomes even harder when you have very little time off and really need a mental break.
- I didn't have this issue, but some territories can be far which can put extra wear and tear on your car.

Advice to Senior Management- Continue to: create excitement through incentives and contests!
- Continue to: reach out to reps during breaks and off hours to check on stress levels, accounts, and motivate reps through tough times.
- Continue to: have managers ride along with reps and get in the trenches with reps! This was my favorite part and was a huge lift during the tough days.
- Start: to really work with reps on ways to deal with "burned" prospects.
- Stop: Threatening reps with write ups, pay cuts, and demotions. The job is very stressful and becomes even more stressful when faced with these looming threats. I would say to only resort to these options as an extreme last resort.

Lots of work, but I'm really enoying it.

Paycom Sales (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Rewarding -You are in charge of most of your schedule, you must be a self starter -Great Pay -Everyone wants you… Cons: -Lots of hours. -It's harder when you first start. You have to get through it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Company to work for

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Great Pay -Co-workers -You learn a lot Cons: -It was a very stressful job. Be ready to work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Paycom.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All reviews posted anonymously by Paycom employees.