Peace Corps
www.peacecorps.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Life-changing experience in Costa Rica

I have been working at Peace Corps

ProsMy time at Peace Corps was the most formative of my life so far. I ended up serving for four years (extending my service twice), and went on to work as a campus representative at my university.

ConsThis experience is not for everybody. Somebody that requires a lot of direction/supervision would probably not do very well in the Peace Corps. There are many opportunities, but it takes initiative to make them come to fruition.

A great-if difficult--experience

Volunteer (Former Employee)
Bashtanka (Ukraine)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Service in the Peace Corps allows you to gain a relatively deep understanding of life in a less-resourced country and, as an overall intense… Cons: It isn't always easy--often far from it, in fact--adapting simultaneously to an alien culture and language and job, far from family and friends at home… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Eye-opening meaningful opportunity

Peace Corps Volunteer (Former Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: First hand experience with project development, coordination and management Lots of… Cons: Community buy-in - free-hand out mentality Sustainability can be ignored in favor of implementing projects - money should come from within not internationally for most types… Advice to Senior Management: PC mission is outdated! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peace Corps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peace Corps CEO Carrie Hessler-Radelet . All reviews posted anonymously by Peace Corps employees.