Pentair
www.pentair.com Golden Valley, MN 5000+ Employees

Chinese Sweat Shop.

Molding Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee)
Delavan, WI (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time for less than a year

ProsGood Pay. Many Hours. Ability to advance quickly. They will get your forklift certified if you show promise. Hire through Temp agency. Relatively easy work.

ConsDismal environment. Mostly angry/grumpy co-workers and management. Forced to work 40-50 hours with no exception. Usually only 1 day off a week. Management is willing to hear complaints about the work environment but I never seen any improvement or progress made. Hire only through Temp agency. You have to stand most of the shift. Material handlers job is extremely stressful and difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more advice from your crew members. Worry less about productivity and more about your fellow co-workers.

I'm sure it will change more after the Tyco acquisition.

IT Manager (Former Employee)
Sheboygan, WI (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Relatively stable company in most areas. Good benefits. … Cons: Cost cutting may result in more facility closures like the one I worked for and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Poor management

PR Ocurement (Former Employee)
Warwick, RI (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Was a good place to work when work was available.… Cons: Very poor management, no clear vision of where they need… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to find talented people to get the company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pentair.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pentair reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pentair CEO Randall J. Hogan III. All reviews posted anonymously by Pentair employees.