There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Needs better leadership and better science

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician II in New Haven, CT (US)
Former Employee - Laboratory Technician II in New Haven, CT (US)

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great Idea,
Good Co-workers
Great team

Cons

Bad Science
Mangament needs better training

Hired people with the science background

1878 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Good place to start a career. Good luck getting promoted.

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall good pay and benefits package.

Cons

Do not work here if you are a white male. They have too many from previous waves of management and now they are promoting diverse candidates through the ranks, regardless of qualifications. Expect to work 55 hours a week in any position. They are making a strong effort to push for automation in operations to reduce headcount. Sales is your best bet to stay employed long term with this company.

Allow the people in the field and on the floor to make decision on how to run their site. Too much is handed down from HQ that works at some sites, but not all.

Drivers Treated Like Drones; in the Summer, Like Cattle

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck, good benefits, recession-proof product

Cons

Substandard working conditions in hot climates; difficult hours with no work-life balance; compensation plan that conflicts with managers', creating inevitable confusion and conflicts and a culture of intimidation and resentment

I FIND IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT PEPSICO is consistently named a "World's Most Ethical Company," as I work for Frito-Lay as a driver and I'm here to tell ya, the culture is not so much. As a driver, I feel the culture of "You oughtta be happy you even have a job in the first place."
    PLEASE PUT AIR CONDITIONERS IN DELIVERY VEHICLES! Even in climates as hot as AZ and FL, we work with no A/C. Temps in the trucks get as high as 120 degrees-plus, and the only conversation from management refers to how remarkable it is that we survive those conditions -- with no solutions offered. We're told to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, and we do, but people can only take so much.... drivers drop all the time in the summer, from heat exhaustion, and we're actually kind of reprimanded for "not hydrating." A group of Amazon warehouse employees recently shamed their company into providing A/C for them, by picketing an annual shareholders' meeting. It's getting close to that for PepsiCo/Frito-Lay. Why should it come to that? Raise the price of a bag of chips by a couple of pennies, and take a tiny cut on your executive bonuses, and do the right thing. Secondly, as it related to comp -- why does my pay conflict with my boss's so much? He's paid to stock shelves to overflowing every week; I, however, take a ding on my check if not all the bags sell. I'm also berated when those bags don't fly off the shelves -- a situation over which I have ZERO CONTROL. Why aren't we incented to work together and accomplish the same goals? That's the way the best companies do it. Shame on you, Frito-Lay, for creating conflict among front line employees. It doesn't make your sales better or contribute to your bottom line in any productive way.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo