Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com

It was an excellent opportunity to grow my customer service and communication skills.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThe retail environment is one that fosters growth in superb customer service. Every customer who walks in the door is acknowledged, and as an associate, one's duty is to meet their needs. The Pier 1 experience for employees is one of satisfaction for serving customers.

ConsUnfortunately, the room for growth is relative to the store size. Upper management is not focused enough on growing their retail employees in terms of rank; only in terms of service to the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be beneficial to the retail employees who want to advance with the company if management would acknowledge their employees in this regard, and take the necessary steps to foster that kind of growth.

A fun place to work.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) New Bern, NC (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros: The employee discount was a big plus. They offer insurance options for… Cons: Store managers are in charge of scheduling. My personal experience was that the store manager continually scheduled me and another manager for weekend shifts, but… Advice to Senior Management: I would advise regional managers to require schedule submissions from store managers along with sales… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dangerous Stockroom @ the Divisional Office Store

Sales Leader (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros: I no longer have to work there! Cons: 40Ft trucks that arrive between 4am and 12pm noon. You have only two maybe three people to unload ALL of it. It must ALL be… Advice to Senior Management: Offer a premium pay for associates to work overnight shifts… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!