There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

A fun place to work.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  New Bern, NC (US)
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New Bern, NC (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

The employee discount was a big plus. They offer insurance options for part-time employees. Opportunities to interact with people/customers from all walks of life.

Cons

Store managers are in charge of scheduling. My personal experience was that the store manager continually scheduled me and another manager for weekend shifts, but refused to work more than one weekend for every two months despite higher management requesting she work more weekends. They require you to push their store credit card, so if you have a problem pushing 23%APR cards on people, this may not be the place for you.

I would advise regional managers to require schedule submissions from store managers along with sales reports. This would give better insight to what problems may be leading to poor store performance.

575 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Over staffed for seasonal means no hours for part-time newbies.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Pasadena, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fun environment especially if you are into home accessories. Co-workers and managers were easy to work with.

Cons

Not good if you can't stand around for 8 hours even when it's a slow day, you have to keep pushing the newsletter on people which isn't too bad. Played unfair favorites in my case my co-worker felt cheated of employee of the quarter several times.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work/life balance. Great bonus program! Laid back company.

Cons

Once you are hired in for a particular position, you will be stuck with that position. No opportunities to move up within the company. People tend to stick around for a long time. Company pays below market value.

Create more opportunities for people to advance. Pay people what they are worth.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!