There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

All in all, a great experience and a company that rewards performance.

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

professional, knowledgeable employees
freedom with creativity
awesome and inspiring merchandise

Cons

highly concentrated mostly female environment which can be catty and petty
difficult time with competitive wages for employees apart from management

Work with your staff to earn their respect, loyalty, and trust. Don't be afraid to develop them and make them as good as you are it will pay off for everyone in the long run. Reach out to your customer base and be honest with them. They will reward you with their loyalty when you go the extra mile.

575 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Worst Job of My Life

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were very friendly. The assistant manger was a total sweetheart.

Cons

I was hired on as seasonal. I was lucky if I got more than 10 hours a week. Everyone was given a name tag and trained on register except me. I was expected to open credit cards on the sales floor. The manager rode me to get sales and peoples email addresses constantly. I was never praised when I met my goals or made big sales, although I was constantly reminded when I didn't. I was expected to move heavy pieces of furniture by myself and no one even trained me on how to do it safely. Employee discount is a joke with the hours they give to seasonal employees. I could barely afford to pay my bills much less buy expensive furniture and home goods with my tiny paychecks.

Give employees more hours. I get that seasonal employees are only temporary but they should be treated with the same respect as everyone else.

Underpaid

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The environment if really fun. Everyday is always different. The merchandise is so fun and unique.

Cons

They work you very hard and have huge expectations. This wouldn't be so bad if you were paid fairly. You can go to most other retailers and work in a lower position and get paid more.

You need to pay people what they are worth. Assistant Store Managers work very hard and are not paid well. Store Managers work even harder and again do not get paid enough for what they go through.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!