joined in 2012 and could NOT be more pleased!

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Stamford, CT (US)
Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time for less than a year

Pros

With a new CEO and a technologically advanced workforce, Pitney Bowes is well positioned for future growth! I find myself challenged, engaged and supported every day. What I really like is that my prior experience is valued, so many times when you join a new organization, especially an established one like PB, people are not interested in hearing about epxeriences at previous companies - I am asked repeatedly for my opinion and "how did your former employer handle this?"

Cons

The businesses are fairly siloed from one another, but that is evolving quickly.

FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

Other Reviews for Pitney Bowes

Screamed at by insecure and inept supervisor

Former Employee - Hardware Support  in  Appleton, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Hardware Support in Appleton, WI (US)

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice coworkers working in call center. Many customers were fun to work with.

Cons

The supervisor will take you in her office and scream at you before she has all of the facts. Literally! She will ask you a question and when you try to answer she will cut you off by saying “but, but, but, but nothing” and you never get to answer the question or explain anything. She loves to humiliate employees in front of other coworkers. With holds earned raises by writing up people right before they should have gotten a raise and calling you to her office and telling you that you will not be getting the raise promised because "what good will that little raise do you anyway, I suggest you increase your sales if you need more money because you will never go anywhere in this company as long as I am here”. My sales were the highest in my group, by the way.
    I have never met a more insecure and childish women in my life. Very much like a spoiled child on a play ground. If the supervisor likes you they all like you if she doesn't like you no one can. I have never been fired from any company and never even written up before, my job was always very important to me. After being at Pitney Bowes for awhile I was praying to be fired or laid off. I could not get out of that hell hole fast enough. I took a job 30 miles further away just to get out of there.

Take a good look at your management in Appleton. I have even had employment agencies ask me why no one wants to work there. Please notice that only the young guys get promoted into the higher paying jobs regardless of their stats.

I'm worried about the future...

I worked at Pitney Bowes

Pros

Great benefits. Pay was average, but with on-site healthcare and a reasonable attendance policy, in my opinion, it more than made up for the deficiency. I felt empowered to speak to those I needed to speak to, and that was important for me. Good opportunity for inside promotion.

Cons

Again, average pay. And I worry that the company is headed the way of the dodo bird unless they make significant changes in the digital communication and e-commerce markets.

Value the truly great employees you have, and stop trying to conform to other company's service models. They have a much more simple design for a reason, and that is that their business is more simple.

There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!