Press Ganey

www.pressganey.com
  www.pressganey.com
There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey

Good plan, poor execution and disconnected leadership

Current Employee - Improvement Manager
Current Employee - Improvement Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey truly cares about making healthcare better. They are the best at what they do and have been doing it for 25+ years. The employees are (or were) passionate about what they do when not fearing for their jobs. People subscribe to the work hard play hard mentality and have fun with the people around them. I absolutely love visiting clients and help them give better care.

Cons

3 New CEOs and Executive teams in 4 years, each progressively worse. Each new team comes in with a "ground breaking" plan and then replaces the employees with those who they worked with in the past (truth be told, like any other corporation). We now have more Vice Presidents than one can count and not enough people to do the job. A constant revolving door where employees work in fear of losing their job with No bonuses. No one questions a decision because they are afraid they will be replaced, but we somehow are supposed to think innovatively.

Our core business is satisfaction surveys but we haven't had an employee survey in 2 years, I assume because leadership either knows how unhappy people are or that ignorant they think we are satisfied (and exactly why I am posting on here).

Since I started its a completely different place.

People will accept change if it makes sense, just be more gradual. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel and listen to the little guy every once in awhile. Go back to listening to customers and quit replacing good people with "your guys" as you've labeled them. Our people and customers will gladly tell you what you want to know, just listen to their needs.

95 Other Employee Reviews for Press Ganey (View Most Recent)

The change in culture has been this organization's demise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The company provided a great service to their clients and truly practiced what they preached. I was a proud employee. Their products are amazing (I can only speak to their core patient/employee survey component.

Cons

I have seen a few comments stating that others that have left negative reviews are individuals that aren't good with change. I completely disagree. It has become a "good ol' boy" club and if you do not kiss up to the right person in the right manner, you are treated poorly and driven out. Change IS good. There were many MANY people that would have done whatever was necessary to promote and develop the company. They have lost a lot of dedicated people and with that, a lot of what made Press Ganey the wonderful company that Dr.'s Press, Ganey, and Hall created.

Honestly, I doubt any "advice" would help. If you asked this 4 years ago, I am certain it would have been sincerely accepted. Now, not so much.

The emperor has no clothes

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The mission of the company- to help improve healthcare - used to mean something, now its been distorted.

Cons

The company began its freefall in the first quarter of this year when the latest management took the reins. Executive staff were terminated and the spaces left filled with past work cronies and relatives, many with little to no healthcare experience to qualify them. In less than six months, the company's client base has shrunk, products have failed and many, many qualified people have left. It's really odd that the board has let them continue when we haven't seen any positive results to date.

They talk a lot about respect but they don't seem to practice what they preach. Their attitude is condescending, patronizing and even degrading at times. Everyone seems to be overworked and micromanaged to the point that morale has reached subterranean levels. Not to mention, it looks like they are switching everything to be out of Chicago or Boston since they have new office spaces they are looking to fill. Raises the question if South Bend will just turn into some sort of service bureau with the company headquartered somewhere else... they don't seem to want to fill any new positions from within.

Change is good. But changing things just to change is ignorant. Take some time to learn about a company, its dynamics, strengths and weaknesses before assuming you know better. You are throwing away the expertise and dedication that helped Press Ganey survive for over 25 years.

There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey